- Omnis US Equity Fund
- Omnis Global Bond Fund
- Omnis Alternative Strategies Fund
- Omnis Emerging Markets Equity Fund
- Omnis Income & Growth Fund
- Omnis European Equity Fund
- Omnis Strategic Bond Fund
- Omnis UK Equity Income Fund
- Omnis Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) Equity Fund
- Omnis Japanese Equity Fund
- Omnis Sterling Corporate Bond Fund
- Omnis UK All Companies Fund
- Omnis UK Gilt Fund
- Omnis UK Smaller Companies Fund
Omnis Income & Growth Fund
Jupiter Asset Management
Key fund facts
- A mix of attractive investment opportunities - a portfolio built around income generation and exciting early-stage businesses.
- Making the right decisions when conditions are difficult - investing only when there is a compelling long-term reason to do so.
- A long-term focus - cutting through short-term pressures and focussing all efforts on providing an absolute long-term return for investors.
The aim is to provide income together with capital growth.
Ben Whitmore believes that a major factor in whether an investment turns out to be successful is whether or not the price paid to own the shares is high or low relative to long-term history. This philosophy is generally known as ‘value investing’ and relies on the lower shares coming back into
favour as either their profits move closer to the industry average or the fears that are worrying the stock market about the business prove to be unfounded or not as severe as first thought.
Clearly, not all lowly valued shares will make good investments, so his team are constantly weighing up the price they pay for a share against their view of the quality of the company’s business. They assess the quality of the business in terms of the strength of its market position in comparison to its competitors,
any recent or potential changes in its industry and the company’s ability to turn profits into cash – especially when that cash can be paid out to investors as income (in the form of dividends).
His team sees the search for value as opportunistic, meaning they do not always focus on just a few specific industries, although they do tend to focus on the large and medium-sized companies listed in the UK.
Omnis has a longstanding relationship with Jupiter, as Jupiter are the Investment Manager for the Omnis Emerging Markets Equity Fund and the Omnis European Equity Fund. Skilled active equity investment is central to Jupiter’s investment expertise. Jupiter’s equity funds offer investors the opportunity to invest in equity markets around the world through active and unconstrained management. Equity investments account for £23.4bn* of their assets under management.
*As at 31 March 2019.