- Omnis Absolute Return Bond Fund
- Omnis Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) Equity Fund
- Omnis Diversified Returns Fund
- Omnis European Equity Leaders Fund
- Omnis European Equity Opportunities Fund
- Omnis Global Bond Fund
- Omnis Global Emerging Markets Equity Leaders Fund
- Omnis Global Emerging Markets Equity Opportunities Fund
- Omnis Income & Growth Fund
- Omnis Japanese Equity Fund
- Omnis Short-Dated Bond Fund
- Omnis Sterling Corporate Bond Fund
- Omnis Strategic Bond Fund
- Omnis UK All Companies Fund
- Omnis UK Equity Income Fund
- Omnis UK Gilt Fund
- Omnis UK Smaller Companies Fund
- Omnis US Equity Leaders Fund
- Omnis US Smaller Companies Fund
Omnis Global Emerging Markets Equity Leaders Fund
KEY FUND FACTS
- Experienced investment team- the fund manager and his team have been working together since 2005 and have an average of 15 years of experience in the industry.
- Established investment philosophy- the manager believes companies that are run responsibly and sustainably will ultimately deliver superior returns for shareholders.
- Disciplined stock selection- the manager consistently and prudently applies his philosophy to the wide range of companies that are available to him, building a focused portfolio of stocks that can be held for the long-term.
The fund aims to achieve a return consisting of both income and capital growth which, after all fees and expenses, exceeds that of the MSCI Emerging Markets TR Index over a five-year rolling period.
The fund intends to invest at least 80% in the equity securities of Emerging Markets companies defined as those which are domiciled, incorporated or have a significant exposure to Emerging Markets. The fund will seek to invest in industry-leading companies delivering reliable earning streams. Exposure to established larger companies will be greater than 50% of the fund. Large companies are defined as those with a market cap of $10 billion or more at the time of the fund’s investment. Companies whose capitalisation no longer meets this definition after investment will continue to be considered large market capitalisation companies.
The fund may also invest in other transferable securities (for example, equity securities of other international companies), units in collective investment schemes (including schemes managed and operated by the ACD or its associates), money market instruments, warrants, cash, near cash and deposits as detailed in the Prospectus.
It is envisaged that the investment portfolio of the fund will be concentrated, typically comprising between 30 and 60 holdings.
Derivatives may be used for the purposes of hedging and for efficient portfolio management.
INVESTMENT PROCESS OVERVIEW
The fund seeks to invest in good businesses that are easy to understand and can be held for the long term. The manager believes the main sources of risk in emerging markets are poor corporate governance- how a company is overseen by its board of directors- and weak financial management. He believes that by focusing on these risks when analysing a company, he can calculate a more accurate estimate of a company’s true worth.
The manager’s philosophy is based on prudence, focus and patience.. He builds a focused portfolio of between 30 and 60 stocks, which he believes improves the chances that each holding will make a meaningful contribution to overall performance. Finally, in keeping with the Omnis investment principles, the fund takes a long-term approach to investing, aiming to hold stocks for between three and five years.
The fund is actively managed and the manager has full discretion when choosing assets to invest in (in-line with the fund’s investment objectives).